Friday, January 21, 2011

Some Usefull Linux Terminal Commands

I have a few Linux Commands that i used that are very helpful.

 #yum search <name> -> Used to search what packages are available for anything you enter in "<name>".  
 #yum install <name> -> Used to install the package that is called "<name>".  
 #rm -rf <name> -> Will remove a whole directory without give any warnings ex. [y/n]  
 #git --bare init -> I use this to create a bare git repository in my current directory  
 #git update-server-info -> I use this command to setup my git repository for remote access  
 #chown -R "name:group" <dir> -> I use this command to change the ownership of a specified directory  
 #ls -al -> This command is useful when you need to know the access information of all directories and files of the current directory  
 #service <name> restart -> This is used to restart the "<name>" service  

CA

No comments:

Post a Comment